Columbus Outdoor Pursuits presents...
Winter Roll Sessions
Winter open pool sessions
A couple changes this year, please read the following to help keep everything running smoothly.
- Please have exact amount available for payment.
- Credit cards are not accepted this year.
- Pre-Registration is not needed.
- Please do not arrive more than a half-hour early and bug the Groveport pool staff to let you in without the COP leader present.
- Please pay for the pool session at the front counter before entering the back door with your boats and gear. Boats and gear can be set on pool deck , and please be courteous to not block the walkway.
- All gear should enter through the back door, North East corner.
- Other questions probably answered below, but contact email@example.com for other questions. Or ask here https://www.facebook.com/groups/295898643839210/
Groveport Rec Center
7370 Groveport Rd
Groveport, OH 43125
This is an open pool session typically catered for roll practice with no formal instruction but there will be many folks available to help. Please ask if you want help and we'll try to pair you up. Bring your own clean gear or request equipment in advance of Sunday.
Helmets must be worn when in the pool. It can get tight in the pool and your noggin doesn't look good with a gash from an errant paddle!
Help each other - Have fun - Be courteous - Thank the pool staff - Thank the COP leaders
No Swimming or non-boating related pool usage.
Clean boats are a must!
Make sure your boats and gear are clean. Please remove your float bags and wash the inside of your craft making sure to get all the sand and leaves from under the seat, in front of the foot braces, and out of the storage holds.
The car wash might seem great at high pressure blasting but following this simple and easy cleaning process in your basement or garage works even better!
-Vacuum sand and dirt from your boat when it is dry by placing it on its side, tap dirt to bottom and vacuum, flip to other side and repeat.
-Add water, swoosh it around under the seat and walls. Dump or sponge out the water. Repeat until clean. Wipe down all surfaces inside and out.
It's important to bring clean equipment (boat, paddle, clothing) free of sand, mud, and debris to the pool in order to maintain our relationship with the pool.
Registration is for Roll Session Leader and Volunteer only. We need at least one COP Leader to take charge of the Roll Session to collect the fees and provide the waiver. IF you are not comfortable collecting the fees and delivering to the COP office please do not sign up to Lead the roll sessions.
One more Volunteer/Leader is needed to man the back door and make sure everyone keeps the pool deck clear, clean and safe during the pool session.
Your session is free but you are expected to be at the counter collecting fees until half hour after the start of the session and watch for late comers during the entire roll session.
Additional guidelines will be emailed upon registering.
Thanks for taking the time to volunteer and help out!