Foster Hope Joyride
Columbus Outdoor Pursuits | Trek Store Columbus
Saturday, October 10, 2015, 7:30a to 1:30p
All proceeds benefit Bike Lady, Inc. a Columbus 501(c)(3) ALL-VOLUNTEER charity that raises money and provides NEW bikes, helmets, and locks to Ohio foster kids during the holidays. The bikes are assembled by offenders in three different Ohio prisons. Your registration will provide one foster kid a new bike this holiday season, and you'll be giving an inmate an opportunity to do a little something good. #ride2give
Come ride with us and give a kid a bike!
- Saturday, 10.10.15
- Last of the prime season full service Columbus tours
- Start/finish @Trek Store Columbus Westerville, two full service routes through Genoa Township
- Start/finish location map. Northgate Plaza. Let's show the Trek Store neighbors some love and park on the outskirts of the mall parking lot
- 7:30a bib & swag pick up
- 8-9a rolling start for 50-mile challenge (technically 51.3), two rest & refueling stations. Scenic route. A little flat + a little roll = elevation gain of 1,100'. You'll rock the Red Bank hill!
- 9-10a rolling start for 10-mile all-path leisure ride, water at the turnaround
- Full SAG both routes
- Marked routes and printed maps
- GPS map link by email if registered by October 9
- Includes t-shirt, one raffle ticket, full service ride, food, beverages, entertainment
- Trek Store Columbus Echelon Cycling Team will be riding. Yep, you can ride along with them if you want. Check out their new kit. You'll see the Bike Lady logo on the back!
- $50 per person / COP members $45
- Day-of-ride registration available for additional $10
- Joyride t-shirt by Clothe Ohio guaranteed for those registered by October 1
- Event filmed / produced by AGL Equipment
- Your registration fee will give an Ohio tot a new bike this coming holiday season. Give extra to make it a tween or teen!
The Post-Ride Party
Joyride Raffle Extravaganza
- One chance to win a raffle prize with every registration
- Extra chances available for purchase
- 100% of raffle ticket purchases goes to buying bikes
- You select which prizes you want to win like sporting event tickets, restaurant certs, family outings, spa packages, apparel, cycle swag, and misc other crazy-good cool stuff
- Extra standard raffle tickets are 20 for $20 with registration or 10 for $20 day of ride
Super Special Separate Grand Raffle: One tricked-out Trek bike for one super duper lucky winner! $5/ 1tix or $20/ 5tix
Can't join us October 10? You can still go on the joyride virtually and help get a foster kid a bike this holiday season. Choose the Virtual Rider (VR) option at registration and be part of the Joyride community. Your $40 VR registration fee is 100% tax deductible and there's no limit to the number of virtual rides you can purchase.Why Bikes for Foster Kids?
On any given day, there are nearly 15,000 kids in foster care just in Ohio. For liability reasons, foster kids aren't allowed to do lots of kid stuff like go to private pools or jump on a trampoline. They can't go to the park alone, or attend a slumber party without their foster parent. But they can ride a bike! Foster teens cannot get a driver's licence because they can't get insurance. But they can ride a bike! A new bike provides independence, freedom, opportunity, and a sense of control and ownership during a time of uncertainty. And receiving a new bike is a positive lifelong childhood memory. Everyone remembers their first bike.
It's not about the speed. It's about the need.
It its 8th year, this season's Bike Lady goal is to give 1,500 Ohio foster children their first new bike.
- Bikes are purchased at cost through Huffy Bicycles
- Inmates at three+ Ohio prisons volunteer to assemble the bikes. Cool, right?
- Nationwide Children's Hospital, with funding from the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation, provides helmets
- Bikes are distributed by county social workers during the holidays to kids with a history of abuse, neglect and abandonment
This you cannot miss!
Foster Hope Joyride
#joyride #fosterhope #way2roll
Volunteers needed | Sponsorships available
Ride hosted by
Ride logistics by
About Bike Lady, Inc.
Bike Lady combines the power of a suburban foster-adoptive mom, inmate offenders, friends, and bikes all to benefit foster kids. We are an ALL-VOLUNTEER 501(c)(3) charity. 100% of all donations goes to getting Ohio foster kids bikes. Period. Join us. Be a Friend.