Beginning Backpack Class
May 6 6-8pm Mandatory Classroom session
May 16 & 17, Overnight backpack trip
Learn all the essentials you’ll need to begin the sport of backpacking.
We’ll meet for an evening session to go over plans for the weekend including:
* What to bring
* How are we going to feed ourselves?
I will be fitting/renting equipment in the parking lot after the store closes.
You must attend this evening session if you wish to participate in the weekend trip.
Our overnight trip will be short on mileage but long on information covering:
* Stoves, water filters and food
* Packs, sleeping bags and tents
* Safety and hygiene
* “leave no trace” ethics
* Basic map and compass skills
* Registration fee -
$60 COP members & outdoor store employees
$65 COP Meetup members
* Shared gas to get to and from trail. ($5?)
* Gear rent if you need a pack, tent, sleeping pad or stove
AnnGerckens@gmail.com 614/ 282-2781
Any refund requests must be made by 11:59pm, Tuesday, May 5th.