COP Group Riding Clinics
(2 hour sessions)
The Ride Safe Initiative program offered by Columbus Outdoor Pursuits is geared towards those riding more than 25 miles, and looking to gain more confidence and experience riding on both suburban and back country roads.
Columbus Outdoor Pursuits will instruct groups of 10-20 cyclists on safe riding skills. Instruction will start in a parking lot then transition to taking a ride on the road. This will prepare you to safely and efficiently negotiate riding in a pack of any size.
This is a 2 hour clinic, with the first hour focusing on developing basic handling skills, including braking, shifting, cornering and review of essential safety measures every cyclist should use. During the second hour, we will take a ride on country roads to apply those fundamentals and practice riding in a paceline, proper timing for communication, and "road awareness" of the most common obstacles.
Topics will include
- "Must Have in the Bag" - Safety Habits
- Effective group ride positioning
- Bike handling skills
- Group riding etiquette
- Fuel and accessories for optimum performance
Clinics will start at the COTA Park & Ride on old 161 (Granville Road) just east of Beech Rd. Use these coordinates to search on Google Maps: 40.075674, -82.751280
- To obtain your RSI credit, you must present a photo ID at the time of the clinic and complete the entire clinic.
- For safety of all participants, you must wear a helmet and appropriate shoes that do not slide on/off. Your bike must be in good working condition (tires properly inflated, brakes working, chain in good condition).
- Columbus Outdoor Pursuits reserves the right to exclude anyone deemed to not have a safe bicycle or behaving in an unsafe manner. There will be no refunds.
- The clinic will be conducted for groups of
10-20 cyclists. If the minimum group size is not met, you will be contacted by email at a minimum of 24 hrs. prior to the clinic start time and will have the option to transfer to another date.
- If bad weather is anticipated, the clinic will be cancelled and all registered participants will be notified by email. You will have the opportunity to transfer to another date for the clinic.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an existing registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find another clinic session date. Also, please type "RSI Clinic Reschedule" on the Subject: line.